The SSC MTS 2017 Exam has been witnessing major changes in the pattern of examination starting from this year. The SSC Multi-Tasking Staff (Non-technical) 2016 Exam has a revised online exam pattern which has been introduced by the commission. The SSC Admit Cards for the year 2017 have also been issued for the SSC MTS 2017 Exam.
All about the SSC MTS 2016 Exam :-
The SSC MTS 2017 Exam is being organised by the Staff Selection Commission or SSC in order to recruit candidates for the following positions in offices –
- Junior Gestetner Operator
The Notification for the SSC MTS 2016 Exam was released on the 31st December 2016. The exam was scheduled to take place on 30th April 2017. Since the exam got leaked, SSC decided to re-conduct the paper as an online examination from 16th September to 26th October 2017.
There are a total of 8300 vacancies which were declared to be filled through SSC MTS 2016. A total of 6 million or 60 lakh people have applied for these positions.
Eligibility Criteria For SSC MTS (Multi Tasking) Exam :-
Here are the Eligibility Criteria For the candidates to appear in the SSC Multi Tasking Non Technical Staff Examination. details like citizenship, Physical Standard, Education qualification and other important details are here mentioned in below section.
The candidate must be falling into any of these categories–
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal
- A subject of Bhutan
- Tibetan Refugee
- Any person who has migrated to India from any of the countries given below –
Pakistan, Burma, Afghanistan, Kenya, Tanzania, Sri Lanka, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam.
Apart from that the candidate must be of at least 18 years of age and must not have exceeded 25 years of age as on 1st August 2016. Apart from the age requirements, there are some exemptions as listed below –
- Physically Handicapped people are given an age relaxation of 10 years.
- Physically Handicapped people who also fall in the OBC category are given a relaxation of 13 years.
- Physically Handicapped people who fall in the SC or ST category are given a relaxation of 15 years.
The candidate must also have passed a matriculation examination or its equivalent examination from a recognised state board, university or institute.
The Exam fee for SSC MTS Exam 2017 is Rs. 100. The candidates who belonged to the SC/ST/PWD/Ex-servicemen category are exempted from the application fee. Female candidates are also exempted from paying the application fee for this examination.
The pattern for SSC MTS Exam has changed drastically in the year 2017. The commission issued the latest notification which declared that the exam will now have a duration of 1.5 hours or 90 minutes. The number of questions in the exam have also been reduced. The main reason for this change in duration and the amount of questions has been attributed to the conversion of the exam from offline to online mode. The SSC MTS Exam will be conducted from 16th September 2017 and 26th October 2017 in the online mode.
What are Major Changes in Exam Pattern of SSC Multi-Tasking Staff (MTS) Re-exam 2016 :-
SSC MTS 2017 Exam Revised Online Pattern :-
The SSC MTS 2016 Exam Pattern has undergone a revision with these major changes. The Exam has now shifted to a computer based exam in the online mode. The SSC Notification has created some changes which have been listed below –
- In the previous years, the exam was of 2 hours i.e. 120 minutes but the time has now been shifted to 1.5 hours or 90 minutes. This is a major change from the time management perspective. The mock test pattern needs to be adjusted according to this change so that the candidate does not face any problems with the timing at the time of the actual exam.
- The major sections of the SSC MTS 2016 Exam were the General Awareness section and the English Language section. These sections used to have 50 questions each but now they have 25 questions which has led to the reduction in the duration of the exam. Consequently, the number of marks that these subjects are accountable for have also been reduced from 50 to 25.
- The total number of questions in the SSC MTS 2016 has reduced from 150 to 100 in the paper 1. This evaluated to less than one minute per question and the candidate will have to practice questions in a large number so that they can improve both accuracy and speed.
- The number of shifts in which the exam is conducted have also been increased from two shifts per day to three shifts per day. This has happened because the number of applicants this year is 60 lacs which needs to be accommodated with a specific number of resources.
- The Descriptive Type Exam in the SSC MTS 2017 Exam will also have a Short Essay or Letter Writing question. This question will be able to fetch the candidate a maximum of 50 marks in an overall time of 30 minutes. This question can be answered in English or in any language that is included in the 8th schedule of constitution.
Syllabus For the SSC MTS 2017 Exam :-
The SSC MTS 2017 Exam comprises of 4 major sections –
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Numerical Aptitude
- General English
- General Awareness
All sections have 25 questions. General Awareness and Reasoning and Numerical Aptitude comprise of 25 marks each whereas General English and General Awareness comprise of 50 marks each.
The major topics to be covered for each exam include –
- Ratio and Proportion
- Problems on Ages
- Speed Time & Distance
- Profit & Loss
- Number Series
- Number System
- Time & Work
- Mixture problems
- Reading Comprehension
- Fill in the Blanks
- Phrase or Idiom Meaning
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- One Word Substitution
- Phrase Replacement/ Sentence Correction
- Error Spotting
- Coding Decoding
- Word formation
- Arranging words in Meaningful order or Dictionary order
- Venn diagram
- Directions & Distances
- Blood Relations
- Missing Number
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Verbal Reasoning
- Indian History
- Physics + Space Science
- Computer & Mobile Technology
- Diseases, pollution
- Current Affairs
- GK- Sports, People In News, Books
- Dates, Portfolios, Schemes
We hope this article has given you enough information about the SSC MTS 2016 Exam’s changed pattern. For all such information about the most coveted competitive exams, stay tuned to Gradeup. All the best!
We hope this information has given you enough information about the SSC MTS 2016-17 Exam’s changed pattern. For more information, you can also visit Gradeup For SSC MTS Exam Preparation!
Moreover,download the Exam Preparation App to get free quizzes, mock test, study materials, & doubt sessions for all the most competitive exams in India.
Subscribe For Free Mobile Notification :-
Candidates who are preparing for Staff Selection Commission Examination May Subscribe here for free of cost to get the latest ssc exam news, updates and other important details.