The most important and common examination conducted by staff selection commission in India is Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination which is shortly called CHSL Examination through out the India.
almost every candidate who fill registration for the CHSL Exam gets exited to know about the SSC CHSL Exam Pattern and New updates of SSC CHSL Exam but just because of lack of the study material and proper pattern updates on chsl exam, it becomes headache for the candidate.
Now here we provide the New SSC CHSL Exam Pattern and the SSC CHSL Syllabus with description. below on this page candidates may check out the CHSL Exam Pattern and The CHSL Syllabus. LDC Syllabus, Postal Assistant and Sorting Assistant Syllabus & Pattern.
SSC CHSL Syllabus : CHSL Exam Pattern & Syllabus For New Candidates :-
Here in the below section The SSC CHSL Exam Syllabus of First Paper is mentioned. The CHSL Exam Tier 1 is a Computer Based Examination and have Four subjects to cover up here are the CHSL Syllabus of Paper 1/Tier 1.
CHSL Syllabus of Paper 1 :-
General Intelligence :-
Your intelligence would be tested through questions based on word building, social sciences, Numerical operations, Drawing and Figure classification, space knowledge, diagram and symbolic thinking, emotional intelligence, etc.
English Language :-
Grammar topics such as detecting mis-spell words, antonyms-synonyms, idioms and phrases, one word substitution, homonyms, conversion from direct to indirect , Active to passive and vice versa, Jumbled words Sentences, unseen passage, comprehension passage, would be tested to check your intelligence.
Quantitative Analysis :-
The subjects related to these questions are mainly Arithmetic, which includes number system, computation and identification of whole numbers, decimals and fractions and their relationship, basic arithmetical operations, percentage, ration and proportion squares and cubes of numbers, square roots, average, simple and compound interest, profit, loss, discount and partnership in business, sums based on time, distance and work.
Algebra: basic identities, linear quadratic equations, graphs.
Geometry : without which we cannot survive and live in our homes. the parallels and perpendiculars the triangles and quadrilaterals their congruence and similarity, the angles, sides, the circles, circumference, chords and tangents, all are to be studied.
- Geometry is the root of our livings.
- Mensuration: all the topics are related to our daily life, so have to be studied.
- Trigonometry : Te ratios, equations and the standard identities sin, cos, tan, cot, sec, cosec their relations are meant to study.
- Statistical charts, tables, graphs, bar diagram, pie chart are included.
Why Maths is Important in CHSL Exam Preparation :-
- Everyday How many liters of water do you drink ?
- How many liters of milk do you consume ?
- Dates change in the wrist watch every midnight.
- How any chapatis do you eat ?
- How many channels in the TV do you appreciate ?
- Every Year you are one year older.
- How many mobile numbers do you save and how many messages do you delete ?
Numerical (Maths) are the Basics of our life.
CHSL Syllabus of General Awareness:-
Your awareness and knowledge regarding social matters-relations, current affairs in political, cultural, economical, geographical, scientific resources and relations with neighbors, neighboring countries and the world at large are tested.
Always be aware of the activities of the neighbors they – alert you.
Note: For VH Candidates of 40% and above visual disability, maps, graphs, diagrams, statistical date are not compulsory in general intelligence- reasoning, quantitative aptitude.
SSC CHSL Syllabus of Tier-II (descriptive paper) :-
Writing skills of the candidate would be assessed. in the paper and letter/application of 150-200 words are to be writing in an hour. the minimum qualifying marks would be 33%.
Please write either in Hindi or English. partly in Hindi and Partly in English would not be accepted.
SSC CHSL Syllabus of Tier – III (Skill/Typing Test) :-
Tier 3 examination would be the skill/typing test. in data entry on computer the speed to be maintained would be minimum 8000 letters(Key depressions) per hour.
But in the office of the Comptroller and Auditor general of India(C&AG), The Data Entry Operator would not depress less than 15000 keys per hour. to ensure the entry work through speed test on computer.
Speed and Error-less accuracy maintain your work towards perfection.
CHSL Exam DEO Post Detailed for Data Entry :-
A Printed matter in English containing around 2000-2200 key-depressions would be give to each candidate to enter in the computer in 15 minutes. Therefore a speed of 8000 key depressions per hour would be examined for correct entries.
In the office of the comptroller and Auditor general of India (C&AG). The Candidates for the Data Entry operator, would be given a printed matter in English having, around 3700-4000 key depressions to be entered in the computer in 15 minutes. thus a speed of 15000 key depressions per hour would be assessed on the basis of correct entries.
Those with 40% disability, VH/OH with inability in writing would be given 35 minutes including compensatory 20 minutes for skill test.
Always Remember :-
- Scoring of minimum qualifying marks in T-1(Computer based examination) and T-II(Descriptive paper) would make you eligible for skill test. the cut-offs for each examination have to be cleared in order to match on the next step.
- SC, ST, OBC, ExS, PwD-Category candidates may be called on Relaxed standards for the skill test if the required numbers is not available for this test on the basis of qualifying criteria for general category so as to fill up the reserved vacancies for these categories.
- Skill Test is a precondition and an essential qualification for appointment to Data Entry operator.
- Even PwD Candidates clearing the written examination will not be exempted from the skill test.
- Central Government civilian employees having age relaxation must submit No objection certificate from their office at the time of skill test. a failure would be barred from the skill test.
SSC CHSL Typing Test For LDC/JSA and Postal Assistance/Sorting Assistant:-
Typing Test :-
- Lower Divisional Clerk, Junior Secretariat assistant, Postal assistant or sorting assistant.
- Those who have qualified in the computer based examination (Tier-1) and Descriptive paper(Tier-2), may apply for the typing test, indicating the medium(English/Hindi), in the Application form.
- For English medium the typing speed is of 35 words/minute, while for Hindi medium it is 30 words/minute.
- For Your knowledge 35 words/minute and 30 words/minute would actually mean 10500 key-depressions and 9000 key-depressions per hour respectively.
- Please Note that if any medium (English/Hindi) is not indicated in the Application form, Medium English would be opted for considered or supposed.
- The Speed will be judged on the accuracy of typing of a given text in 10 minutes.
Time Relaxation in SSC CHSL Exam For Orthopedic, Visually Handicapped and Cerebral Palsy Candidates –
OH, VH, Etc. with inability (40% and above) in writing would be given 30 Minutes including compensatory 20 minutes.
VH candidates : (Visually) :-
Passage dictator would read out the passage within the allotted time and the candidate would type but for those VH candidates who have taken scribe in the written examination, the passage dictator would be permitted for typing test.
OH candidates (Orthopedic):-
The candidates if permanently unfit for the typing test, should submit a certificate in the prescribed format to the commission for exemption form appearing and qualifying the test. The medical certificate should be approved by a competent medical authority Government civil surgeon, Medical board attached to VRC for PwD persons or special employment exchange, if a candidates submits a medical certificate from civil/orthopedic surgeon, it would be sent for reference and consideration to a medical board /in a government hospital/or attached to VRC/ special employment exchange for PwD persons for clearance.
The Medical certificate is to be put froward before or at the time of typing test otherwise the exemption would be cancelled by the commission.
Disclosure of SSC CHSL Exam :-
For encouragement of unemployed candidates, expecting and awaiting the final result, the commission has decided to publish, the rank of the candidate in the final examination along with roll number- scores, name of parents/guardian, educational qualification, date of birth, category, male/female, total marks in the qualifying examination, apart form complete address including the E-mail address. This procedure would be in process after the declaration of the final result, as per directions issued by DOPT vise its O.M. dated 21-06-2016.